A Bit of Spring Cleaning




I finally found the time to tidy-up my dolls house rooms and dust off the cobwebs. I haven't finished these rooms completely, but I was also able to make a list of all the unfinished jobs I need to complete and work out what items I still need to add to the rooms. 

I took lots of photos as I went along and I thought I would show you some of them.


The Parlour


I have since finished sewing a large petit point rug that I will put in this room


I still need to add some door embellishments to the back of the door, as it looks a bit plain















This table is one area that I need to improve on. I want to set it up for afternoon tea.
So more work needs to be done here.

I made a very simple petit point picture


The Ladies Boudoir 










I still need to dress the bed












The Gentleman's Bedroom










I'm not a big fan of this dresser, and I'm planning on changing it when I find a substitute


I also need to dress the bed in here as well.
I also need to decide if I will use this bed or not as I'm not 100% sure if i will keep it.



The library


I have already posted photographs of the library in a previous post, but I thought I would show you the man of the house taking pride of place at his desk.




This was my first attempt at dressing a doll and while he isn't perfect, I'm happy with my efforts.  


I will replace the mirror for a better quality one.
My attempt of making one with wood and cardboard just doesn't cut it.

The Kitchen






The dresser isn't complete yet. I just need to take the time to dress it better.


Meet Betsy 'the cook' she just needs a mop cap to cover the terrible attempt I made at giving her some hair.

Betsy also needs to be holding a spoon in her hand.








I hope you have enjoyed seeing my progress so far of creating a Regency dolls house. I will try to complete my scullery and wash room in the next few weeks, as I want to get started on my living room and dining room. 

I have already bought my custom made living and dinning room, room boxes from Bromley craft Products. I had the ceiling height increased to 12 inches high, so that I can have really elaborate chandeliers and deeper cornices and skirting boards. I can't wait to get started.



Until the next time

Take care

Jayne x




Comments

Popular Posts