Getting there, nearly.

I was just getting my head around the 'blogging' thing and thought it was about time I actually posted some pictures of my dolls house projects, and then I could find my camera lead to upload my pictures. So I  guess you will have to wait a little bit longer to see what I have been up to.

Parisian Rooftops

At the moment I'm into all things French, so much so that I have decided to book a holiday to tour Paris and the surrounding areas next year. Living in England it isn't that far to go, however with my limited budget holidays are not always on my agenda. That is why I have decided to book up early so that I will have long enough to save for my dream trip. I had one of those 'if I don't do it now, I never will' kind of moments.


The Louvre Paris


One of my must go to places in Paris


As I can't show you any photo's of what I have been making (as once again I have tidied-up and 'lost' my camera lead) here is a photo of the dolls house that I'm in the process of adapting for my French inspired mansion.




I am making a lot of changes to the dolls house, as you will see. My mother gave me the house and it was on offer with the Daily Mail, she had to save a lot of tokens for it. I wasn't particularly taken with the house and I had started to decorate it in an Edwardian style, but I soon lost interest and I dismantled it for a long time. However I have a renewed energy for it and lots of different ideas. I also want to complete it to show my mother how much I appreciated her efforts to get it for me.

I promise to publish pictures of my progress.


I treated myself to this fabulous book by Christine-Lea Frisoni last year and even though it is written in French, the pictures are so wonderful and so inspiring. She has so many tutorials in the book and it's so easy to follow them with a bit of know-how and Google translator. 






Comments

Popular Posts