It's been a while.


 Bedroom Update


I have been away from my blog for a very long time and I thought it was about time you saw what I've been up to.

I have finished decorating my Regency gentleman's bedroom and I am now really pleased with the look of it. I say now, because I first painted the whole room blue and I didn't like the colour, so I tried a different colour blue and still didn't like the look. I then painted the lower half of the dado rail a rich green colour and hated it. I finally settled on the cream colour below the dado rail when I found the wallpaper on etsy from PoppetsDollyBits which is a lovely design. It arrives on A4 size heavyweight paper and it matches up perfectly and goes on like a dream. No creases or bubbles like some dolls house wallpapers can be.

I'm not sure if the wallpaper is reminiscent of the regency era, but I just love it. I also made the curtain pelmet from some scraps of skirting board and the curtains were made from some lovely striped silk that I bought from www.thesilkroute.co.uk















I still haven't bought any furniture for this room yet, so I will have to get to work on finding the right period pieces to compliment the room.


 Until the next time


Take care

Jayne x


Comments

Popular Posts