New Year, New Enthusiasm


Happy Belated New Year Greetings



One of the great things about starting a new year is the enthusiasm expressed by many people that this year is going to be the best year yet, or that we are going to do all the things we said we would do last year and didn't quite manage it.


Well I'm not going to write and tell you all that I'm going to post on my blog more often, thought hopefully I will. Or that what I do post about will be interesting, but one thing I can tell you truthfully, is that I'm still as mad on miniatures as I've ever been, and busy working on my Regency house whenever I can.

I realised that I hadn't posted any recent photos of my kitchen since I'd finished the decorating in May last year, so I have taken some photos so you can see what it looks like at the moment. I still have a long way to go before I can say it is completely finished, but it is coming along nicely. Sorry for the shadows on some of the photos, it was quite a dull day when I took them















You can see the mahogany salt box I made and on the shelf underneath was my attempt at making a candle mold, which all households of the time would have had.












My Jane Graber butter churn that I was lucky enough to find on ebay for a reasonable price. I also bought the very well made copper milk churn and ladle from the Cancer Research stall at Miniatura last year. 




I still have a lot to do on the dresser until I'm happy with the arrangement.













I have also been working on my Regency bedroom, so I will do my best to post some photos as soon as I can. It is going to be quite feminine. 

I also wanted to show you a beautiful toiletry set I bought recently. I have had my heart set on buying some Persian Rose Stokesay Ware pieces for quite a while now. However, I still hold back due to my budget restraints. So I was really intrigued when I saw this china set on www.smallwondersminiatures.co.uk a few weeks ago. The china is unmarked so I don't know who made it, however, it is a beautiful set. It obviously isn't any where near to the standard of Stokesay Ware items, but it was within a price range I was happy to pay. I just love the subtle pink colour and it was just what I was looking for. It was a great find and an even better belated Christmas present to myself.


















In between finishing my kitchen and bedroom I will be starting on my second bedroom. This time for a Regency gentleman, I will be aiming for a more masculine appearance, which will be quite a contrast from the prettiness of my lady's bedroom. 



Until the next time


Take care

Jayne x

Comments

Popular Posts