Bedroom delights


Decorating completed


Since my last post I have made great progress on my Regency bedroom. I added an extra window in the room as I love to see dolls houses with windows around the room, that show off elaborate curtains. I recently bought some beautiful gold and cream silk to make the curtains and bed furnishings, however they may take me longer to complete as I haven't decided on the design yet. I also added a false door to give the illusion of other rooms beyond.












I had looked for a long time for wallpaper for this room when I came across this wallpaper on ebay. I don't think my photos show off the pattern very well, but it is an oriental design and I just loved the colours. I also love how the blue paint emphasises the colours of the wallpaper. I actually mixed the colour myself and I was delighted with the end result. 






I bought the fireplace from Phoenix Models and spray painted it black. I then went on to make the fire surround myself from pieces of scrap wood. Please don't look too closely at my moldings as I haven't finished all the fine details yet. I like to use poly filler to fill in any gaps and then repaint where necessary. 



I haven't decided if I want to add any cornice, so I will live with what I have done so far and decide at a later date. At the moment I am just enjoying this room, it makes me very happy every time I view it. I just wish I could live in it myself.




Until the next time

Take care

Jayne x




Comments

Popular Posts