All sorts


While I often neglect my blog for long periods of time, I am still fairly busy making all sorts of miniatures in my spare time. I thought I would show you some of the miniatures I have bought or made over the past few months.

Firstly, here are some items I have bought lately.




A large dresser from A World of My Own. I wanted a substantial dresser for my Regency Kitchen and this one fits the bill.




A large kitchen table from Country Contrast, a three tiered glass cake/serving stand from Glass craft and a delightful egg holder from McQueenies Miniatures. I just need to make some polymer clay eggs when I get the time.







I want to have a lot of copper items in my kitchen, so I have started collecting  items whenever I see them. I bought the saucepan on the left from the Cancer Research stand at the Spring 2017 Miniatura show and the Jam pan and jelly mold from Country Treasures. It wasn't until I got home that I realised the saucepan was actually made by Country Treasures as well. 






The very realistic cut loaf of bread was made by Amanda Speakman, from AmanSpeak Miniatures. It is delighful.








The two plant pots were from the Small Wonders Miniatures website. I had gone a bit mad printing and cutting out plant leaves, but I was struggling to find good quality plant pots online, until I found these. They are actually made by A Womans Touch Miniature China and I think they are lovely. I was really pleased with them and I think I will consider buying more of their products in the future.










My photo's don't do the plants justice, they look much better in the flesh, so to speak. I have also added some dried tea leaves to the surface to resemble earth, I just haven't taken any updated photos to show you.



Miniature sewing - of a sort



Next up is my attempt to dress a doll. Of all my miniature passions, dolls house dolls has got to be my most favorite and coveted items of them all. I spend hours looking at and admiring miniature dolls and marveling at the skill of the makers. I have therefore wanted to have a go at dressing a doll of my own. How hard can it be? I asked myself. Well, I realised that I am a very visual person, I need to 'see' step-by-step how something is made, rather than read and understand written instructions. 


The shirt, waistcoat and trousers were not so much of an issue. The trousers (or breeches) need to be more tapered at the knees. The coat was a much bigger problem. I couldn't fathom out the written instructions at all and I did manage to sew the coat together, but probably not in the way I should have.
However, as I'm not going to go into the business of selling dressed dolls, I am fairly happy with my end result. I just have to avoid looking too closely at all the errors I have made. 













I was supposed to sew the collar on to the coat somehow, but I ended up gluing it on instead, so It looks very scruffy.










Here he is in pride of place in his library.



Moving on to my next miniature makes. I bought some mahogany wood sheets from Miniatura and I made a tiny salt box for my Regency kitchen













I then went on to make a cutlery box. I had seen a similar one on eBay recently which I really wanted, but I thought the design looked fairly easy to recreate.
so a few hours later I had made this.

















It's difficult to see inside, but I made dividers in the base from card and small dowels cut to size. I then glued the fabric over the top.





I know my post has been a bit of everything today, but I hope you have enjoyed seeing what I've been up to.




Until the next time

Take care

Jayne x


















Comments

Popular Posts