Red or Green?

It's been a while since my last post, so I thought I would show what I've been up to lately. My latest edition to my Regency House is a library, as you can see below. I made the bookcases with timber strips, lots of cutting, measuring and gluing. I'm not the most patient of people, or the most precise and halfway through I was very tempted to buy ready made bookcases. In the end I persevered, and this was the result. I didn't want to completely cover all the walls with books as I want to add some display items. I'm not sure what to display at the moment, but there will definitely be a maritime connection with the man of the house. 




Red Library?















Or Green Library?


For ages I really liked the red walls in the library, and then I wasn't sure. I had a random green tester pot and I just went for it and painted the room again. My initial thoughts was that the red made the room look too dark, and while the green is still dark, I feel it is more appropriate. 
















So many books


I think it's going to take me a very long time to make all the books I need to fill these shelves. I haven't decided if I want the random look as above or to group them together as below. Either way, I have a lot of work to do. 







 My next job to do is decide how to decorate the floor and ceiling. I'm thinking of some kind of paneling for the ceiling, so I will try out some ideas over the next few weeks. I would also really love to do a polished parquet floor, but the kits to buy are quite expensive, so I will have to have a think about what I can afford to do.



Until the next time


Take care


Jayne x

Comments

Popular Posts