Sunday, 7 June 2015

A Mini Harpsichord


Look what I made



This is just a quick post today, I wanted to show you a mini harpsichord I made out of Mat board. I found a project from The Doll's House magazine (see images below) to make a harpsichord and I decided to have a go myself.






This one looks really good, but I didn't like the legs on it or the green paint design, so I used some different spindles for the legs and a pale blue colour as you can see below.















I'm not sure if you can see the strings very well in the picture. I used some gold DMC thread and it worked really well.



On the original harpsichord it had some pretty painted flowers on the underside of the lid, but as I'm not that creative I decided to use some pink toile paper I had left over from another project. 








I also used some metal hinges for the lid as I didn't have any gold paper that was required in the magazine project. It was really difficult to make them stick to the mat board, but I eventually did it.










I hope you like what I have done so far. It's not finished, I still have to 
tidy up a few area's and I'm going to decorate
 the outside, as it looks too plain, 
but that will have to wait for another day.



Until the next time



Take care


Jayne c