Technology is great


I treated myself to a new mobile phone this weekend and to say I was behind the times is an understatement.
I have been using an old mobile I've had for years. I kept telling myself that I only needed a mobile to text or speak to friends and family when I'm out and about. I have now seen the light. My new Smartphone has so many apps and gadgets it's fantastic. I've only had it for a day and I can't believe how I've waited so long to buy one. 

One of the great features is the camera. I was so excited with the excellent quality photos that I wanted to show you what I have been doing over the past few weeks. 



Regency Parlor- Early Stage

 





This is one of the Town House room-by room box kit from Bromley Crafts  http://www.craft-products.com/

The room boxes come in 3 different heights and have 6 different facades, and it allows you to stack each room box on top of each other, or side by side. I really like the idea of working on one room at a time, rather than having a huge house to decorate all at once.

I am planning on completing 1 to 2 rooms per year while finishing off existing  projects in between.









I created a very basic chimney breast from some wood strips and photograph mount board.







Close-up of a Sue Cook Regency fireplace.
 http://www.suecookminiatures.com/






I made the back grate from thick card. The bricks are just painted sandpaper and I printed the delft tiles from the Internet.





I wanted to create the illusion of another room
 (possibly the dinning room)
so I painted a double false door. I used some strips of wood at the sides of the doors and I glued and painted different metal filigrees to add more of an interest. The overmantle is also by Sue Cook and it is from her new range.

This will go on the right-hand side of the room.



My little bundles of Joy  




This is Fluffy, the baby of the family. My legs are somewhere underneath the blanket. Please excuse the clothes airer in the background. 




This gorgeous girl is Mitzy 
(now you know where I got the name for my blog from).

I actually wanted to call her Miss Mitzy but when I had to register her at the Vets I was too shy to tell the receptionist, so she became just Mitzy.






Until the next time



Take care


Jayne c








Comments

  1. Hi Jayne,
    This is already a beautiful room. I love the proportions and that blue...it's devine! Your chimney breast area is gorgeous...I love Sue Cook too :)
    I did the same with the door to my Lady's Sitting Room....and I think it looks very effective, as does yours! Enjoy your 'roombox'! I started out thinking my Manor would take me years to finish....nah! I am in the attic now and struggling. I know what I want, but I am finding it slow work with the height of the house now. Anyway, doing things the way you are is a much more sensible idea......looking forward to more progress pictures. Your cats are adorable!
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts