Adding detail



I thought I would show you the latest additions to my Regency parlor. I have now completed the floor. In the past I have used some iron-on wood flooring   
from a well known dolls house supplier to great success. But money was a bit tight this month and I was trying to think of a cheaper method to use, but one that would still give me a good quality looking floor, when I came across the idea of using iron-on wood veneer that is used for RL furniture.

I did a search on Ebay and found lots of wood veneer at a fraction of the price. The only difference was that it was approx 22mm compared to the 11mm dolls house size. I actually liked the wider floorboards, I felt that they were more in keeping of the era. I paid less than £4.00 for 5 meters. However I did need to buy another 5 meters as I was just a few lengths short, but that didn't really bother me as there was no P&P to pay. I was impressed with
the quality of the veneer, the price and the range of wood colours.

This is definitely a product I will use again, as it was so easy to apply and I just used a bit of bees wax to buff-up the shine.








I have now added the cornice, dado rail and skirting boards, along with the false doors to the room beyond.





The hearth is just a piece of mount-board that I painted black and I trimmed it with a bamboo kebab skewer that I painted with gold paint. I'm really pleased with how smart it looks.



I have a few more finishing touches to add before I start to furnish the room, so I will post some more pictures soon. I have bought some Mini Mundus Kits to go into the room and I have to assemble and stain them in the next couple of weeks. This will be the first time I have attempted one of these kits and I want them to be perfect so I will be taking my time on them.



Until the next time


Take care


Jayne x


Comments

  1. Hi Jayne
    Your room is coming along beautifully. I agree that the wider floorboards are in keeping with the era....and they do look well! I just love the blue you used in here, it's gorgeous. I use mountboard for my hearths as well. I think it's very effective indeed.
    All the best and take care
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vivian

    Thank you for your lovely comments. The blue paint was purely a fluke, I bought it for 99p from The Works, and I loved the colour as soon as I applied it.

    Regards

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts