Slow progress


Something to sit on







I finally got around to upholstering the cardboard settee design I made from http://atelier-de-lea.blogspot.co.uk/ This is the first thing I have ever upholstered which was why I think it took me so long to attempt it. I have to admit I'm not very good at soft furnishings, but I am very happy with how it turned out.

One of the hardest things I found to do was to print out the template with the correct measurements. This took me several attempts and even then I had to make some adjustments.













 I'm very happy with how it looks in my French lounge,
 I just need to make some cushions to finish it off.




A little treat for myself





I have loved these paper flower kits since the very first time I saw them.



They are from the Art of Mini website and every time I visited the website they were always sold out, but when I saw that they were in stock last month I knew I just had to buy a kit.

The flower kit was more expensive than I normally pay at approx £17.00 for 7 flowers and 2 buds but they are just so beautiful I just had to have them.





 The complete kit



Packet of sand, stems, large petals and tiny beads



 A foam pad, thin green string, medium and small petals





The only thing is that now I have got the kit, I'm scared that I won't be able to 
replicate the flowers shown in the picture. 

I am going to take my time and read the instructions thoroughly  before I start to make the flowers as I don't want to mess them up.

I will post the photos of how I get on, once I've plucked up the courage to start on them that is.





 Until the next time


Take care


Jayne x






Popular Posts