Slow progress


Something to sit on







I finally got around to upholstering the cardboard settee design I made from http://atelier-de-lea.blogspot.co.uk/ This is the first thing I have ever upholstered which was why I think it took me so long to attempt it. I have to admit I'm not very good at soft furnishings, but I am very happy with how it turned out.

One of the hardest things I found to do was to print out the template with the correct measurements. This took me several attempts and even then I had to make some adjustments.













 I'm very happy with how it looks in my French lounge,
 I just need to make some cushions to finish it off.




A little treat for myself





I have loved these paper flower kits since the very first time I saw them.



They are from the Art of Mini website and every time I visited the website they were always sold out, but when I saw that they were in stock last month I knew I just had to buy a kit.

The flower kit was more expensive than I normally pay at approx £17.00 for 7 flowers and 2 buds but they are just so beautiful I just had to have them.





 The complete kit



Packet of sand, stems, large petals and tiny beads



 A foam pad, thin green string, medium and small petals





The only thing is that now I have got the kit, I'm scared that I won't be able to 
replicate the flowers shown in the picture. 

I am going to take my time and read the instructions thoroughly  before I start to make the flowers as I don't want to mess them up.

I will post the photos of how I get on, once I've plucked up the courage to start on them that is.





 Until the next time


Take care


Jayne x






Comments

  1. For a first go at upholstery, you should be really pleased with the results, I think it looks great. If you don't have them already buy a set of ball stylus tools for the petals, you won't regret it, I thought I could do without them in the beginning, now I can't live without them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sarah

      Thank you for your lovely comments and the good advice on the ball stylus tools, I have ordered some and now I'm just waiting until they arrive before I tackle the rest of the flowers.

      Jayne

      Delete
  2. I agree with Sarah! Your sofa kit looks Fab and the fact that you made it from a pattern in Lea's book should give you the courage that you need to tackle the roses. I say this having exactly the same fears about putting an Iris flower kit together.
    So I will, if YOU will ! :D

    elizabeth
    And also the ball stylus tools are a MUST HAVE! They come in handy for a number of different projects in miniature, so they are worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog, I like to try my hand at creating a lot of miniatures from scratch or in kit form and I'm very critical of my work, especially when there are so many talented miniaturists out there. I came across your blog last week and I think it is wonderful. I have now started to follow you, so please keep up your good work.

      Jayne.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts