Autumn Miniatura

Hi there, I'm back again after a long time. I went back to work at the start of September and I've been very busy. Working in a school is great for all the holidays, but it also means that I have less time to spend on making minis and tending to my blog when I'm working.


What I bought from Miniatura 




These lovely little kits are from Art of Mini and as you can see I couldn't wait to make them up. Janny also gave me a free gift of a Christmas clock, which was so generous of her.

I could of spent a fortune at this stand, but I had to prioritize what I was buying. I hate doing that, as I want it all, now.





Some fabric, I always try to get some to add to my supplies.






I bought a Biedermeier Table for my next project (more info to come).




A dress manikin, as I want to try my hand at some dress making.

A brass coal shuttle for my French House.

A lovely little writing desk bureau  




A close up. 

This is a lovely item and I was able to buy it at a discounted price as the exhibitor was selling off all their items. I'm not sure if they were retiring from the business, or just from attending the shows. I feel very lucky to own it and it will fit into my Victorian cottage house really well.







Three lights from Heidi Ott for my next project. I love the table lamp the detail is really lovely for the price.




An image of <p>This Regency fire surround is from the room where the Price Regent secretly married Mrs Fitzherbert in the Brighton Pavilion. Click enlarge to see it with PF22_SET 1, priced seperately. It can also be used with brick back BB3D.</p>


I also bought a Regency Fire place from Sue Cook, for my next project.




My Next Project


What is my new project I hear you say, well I also bought a Town house room by room kit from Bromley Crafts. I really liked this concept of buying a room box one at a time and then just adding to it. I've even thought of expanding sideways as well as upwards to turn it into a very large house. I want to do so many different rooms within a house and this will allow me to do just that. 

I've only bought the tall room box and front entrance fascia at the moment. My idea is for a Georgian/Regency style dolls house and decorate it as accurately as I possibly can. At the moment I'm moving more towards the Regency Style.

This will be a long-term project. I want to buy several room boxes and different fascias one at a time. I have come to realise that I drift from one project to another depending on my mood. However I have told myself that I need to complete one room box at a time, before I buy the next one.

This may take me some time as I really don't want to cut corners on this project and make little mistakes and say it's ok, it's shabby chic. I'll leave that to my other projects.

So, in the next few months I will be turning my room box into a hallway and parlor. 




I have still got lots to tell you, so I'll be back soon.



Until the next time


Take care


Jayne x




Comments

Popular Posts