Work in Progress

I've finally found the time to upload some photos of what I've been up to recently. It has been a very busy few weeks for me at work, but I have found the time to work on my French inspired house to escape from the real world for a while and work on my fantasy world.

Do you remember the dolls house my mom bought me (the blue/purple one)? Well it has changed a bit. I didn't like the dormer windows, so they had to go. I have made frames for the roof panel, I just need to paint them and add glass/perspex. I do prefer glass (my farmhouse cottage has glass) but I'm not very skilled in cutting glass. I'm not sure if it's me or the glass cutting tool I bought. It wasn't very expensive and I don't think it works very well. I'm blaming my tools and not my ability.   



I removed the front panel as it didn't fit into my French theme, and I'm in the process of making double doors for the lower half and a picture window for the upper half  

I cut off the triangle tops of the windows and turned them around so that it wouldn't be noticeable.

I'm not sure if I like the blue colour on the windows yet, I might distress them a bit. As the windows are plastic  I found it difficult to get a good finish on them.

Moving on to the inside, I have decorated the salon. 

I made the Parquet floor with some bamboo strips from a roller blind I was going to throw away.



Fire place and over mantle made by me from Lea Frisoni's beautiful book.

Handles made with beads and jewelry findings.

I glued and painted lace to wood strips as coving. 





The Kitchen





I used the same bamboo strips as the salon floor to create a paneled wall section. I like the contrast of wood wall and wallpaper.






I made some floor tiles from air-drying clay.


Here you can see I've added the grout. It has dulled down the very bright terracotta colour, but I think it has made it look more natural.


 I have still got a long way to go, so I will keep adding photos in the coming weeks.


I thought I would also show you a 1/48 scale house I have not long finished. It is from http://www.petite-properties.com/ 

I really enjoyed making this house and I've got my eye on a few more of their properties. 








 










Until the next time

Take Care


Jayne x

Comments

Popular Posts